How Can I Help Myself?
- Get enough sleep. Stay away from caffeine and nicotine in the afternoon as it may prevent you from falling asleep. Maintain a nighttime ritual to signal your brain and your body that it is time to sleep.
- Eat right. Put a vegetable on your plate when you go through the line at the cafeteria. Eat fruit at least one time per day. Try to avoid junk food in your dorm room. Drink lots of water.
- Exercise often. Take walks. Take a longer route when walking to class. Utilize the Fitness Center facilities and activies available on campus.
- Utilize your support system when stressed out. It is common for college students to feel overwhelmed at times. Talk to friends, family, and professors.
- Seek professional help when you need it. Should you not be able to shake the blues or feel stress that prevents you from progressing in class, seek help. Remember, it is a sign of maturity to get help when you need it.
Oklahoma Mental Health Resources
Contact Unviersity Counseling