American Indian Scholarship
List of all current scholars
It is with great pleasure that Oklahoma City University offers a scholarship opportunity for American Indian Students.
This year, and subsequent years, Oklahoma City University will award 15 scholarships covering tuition, fees, basic room and board, and books to qualifying American Indian students choosing to pursue their education at OCU.
Not only is this opportunity incredible for students of American Indian descent, it is exciting for Oklahoma City University as we build on our 100 year history and commitment to serving the people of Oklahoma.
It is our goal to solidify our commitment to the future and success of Oklahoma’s American Indians by investing in their education.
Scholarship candidates must submit an application, provide an essay, and complete an interview.
After all available state and/or federal aid or other scholarships received have been applied, the Clara Luper Scholarship:
» Pays the remaining balance for tuition, applicable fees, room, and board
» Provides a $200 per semester book allowance from the Clara Luper Book Library
» Provides support services dedicated to the growth, welfare, and success of each student
Students are eligible for up to eight consecutive semesters of the scholarship provided they maintain a level of good
standing with the university and complete program requirements each semester. Summer school is not included unless the student has a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better and meets all program requirements.
Who Can Apply? Applicants must:
• Enter Oklahoma City University as a first-time freshman during the fall semester following high school graduation
• Meet the university’s general admission standards. Students must either score a
22 ACT or 1020 SAT or must have a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) and rank in the top half of high school graduating class.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the university’s on-line application for admission, and print out and return the required supplemental information paper application (.pdf) including the required essay found on page 7.
• Must provide a copy of your Certificate Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB)
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be accessed and completed at www.fafsa.ed.gov (Request a copy be sent to Oklahoma City University. Our FAFSA code is 003166). Here is a guide of the proper steps to complete your FAFSA.
• Complete the university’s student data form, which can be accessed and completed at www.youatocu.com/financialaid (Click on “online forms”)
• Submit all other financial aid documents as requested by the university’s financial aid office
When to Apply
You must submit your applications for admission and scholarship with the scholarship questions completed, as well as your completed FAFSA by March 1st, 2009.
2501 North Blackwelder Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73106
Ph. 405-208-5750 Fax: 405-208-5529