More opportunities for professional nurses exist now than ever, due to the worldwide shortage of Registered Nurses and expanding roles. Nurses work in all types of health care, business and service areas, and at all levels – giving bedside care, running their own practices, and being CEOS of large corporations. Your gateway into nursing is the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), giving you eligibility for Registered Nurse (RN) licensure.
No Waiting List, No Separate Application!
Unlike most schools offering the BSN, Kramer accepts all applicants when they are admitted to the university with no separate application. Anyone can declare a major in nursing from the beginning, belong to the Student Nurses Association, participate in nursing school activities, have a nursing faculty advisor, and spend no time on a waiting list! Start nursing courses as soon as you have:
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- A 2.5 GPA or higher in prerequisite science courses
- English proficiency verified as either citizenship of an English-speaking country listed in the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language or a TOEFL score of at least 80 with at least 20 on each section
- Not more than 9 credit hours of general education courses remaining
Design your own degree completion plan for your preferred pace and graduation date!
Most nursing courses are offered every fall and spring semesters, and many are offered as summer courses. Choose:
- Part-time, if you have other full-time duties or prefer a more relaxed pace
- Full-time, at a standard pace with summers off, with time for extracurricular activities for that full college experience
- Accelerated, if you are a strong student who wants to finish your nursing courses in just 16 months!
Have an approved bachelor's degree in another field? You have already met the general education requirements and need to take only the nursing prerequisites you may be missing to get started right away!
Since 2001, 100% of Gateway BSN students have been employed within one month of graduation!
Not only are our nursing school facilities among the best in the nation, but Kramer has also ranked in the top 10% of nursing schools in the nation for three of the past four years.
Your chances for getting an RN license sooner through our program are better than most other schools. Compared to the national average (which usually ranges from 85-87%), our graduates pass the RN licensure exam (NCLEX-RN) on the first try at the rate of 93% (2005), 98% (2006), 93% (2007), 98% (2008), 95% (2009), and 98% (2010), 87% (2011), 92% (2012).
Day, evening, and Saturday classes, labs, and clinical practicum experiences are available. Students may begin classes in the fall or spring.
To begin 3000-level nursing courses, you must meet all required eligibility qualifications and must comply fully with the deadline for a complete application (July 15 for fall semester classes, December 10 for spring, and April 15 for the summer). A complete application includes all of the following:
- University application form, completed in its entirety and submitted to the Office of Admissions
- The former Dean of Students recommendation (if required), received by the Office of Admissions
- Official, current transcripts of all college course work attempted sent directly from the institution where the courses were taken to the Transcript Coordinator at the Office of Admissions at Oklahoma City University. Transcripts delivered by the student in a sealed envelope will not be accepted.
- Verification of English language proficiency received by the Intake Specialist at Kramer School of Nursing
For more information, please contact Debbie Taber, Intake Specialist, via email at email@example.com or by phone at (405) 208-5924.