The purpose of the Oklahoma City University Student Nurses Association (OCU/SNA) is to assume responsibility for contributing to nursing education in order to provide for the highest quality health care. The OCU/SNA provides program representation of fundamental and current professional interest and concerns and also aids in the development of the whole person and his/her responsibility for the health care of all people.
KSN encourages participation in the OCU/SNA by providing full membership to all undergraduate Gateway students of OCU's Kramer School of Nursing.
Current SNA Officers
Sarah Johnsen, President
Lindsay Miller, Vice President
Rose Martin, Treasurer
Sylvia Campbell, Secretary
Jaclyn Rucinsky, Historian
Courtney Garner, Public Relations
The function of the OCU/SNA shall be:
- To have direct input into standards of nursing education and influence the educational process.
- To influence health care, nursing education, and practice through legislative activities as appropriate.
- To promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities toward improved health care and the resolution of related social issues.
- To represent nursing students to the consumer, to institutions and to other organizations.
- To promote and encourage recruitment efforts, participation in student activities, and educational opportunities regardless of the person's race, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, or economic status.
- To promote and encourage students' participation in interdisciplinary activities.
- To promote and encourage relationships with nursing and other related health organizations.
For information about SNA, contact the faculty advisor, Dr. Linda Cook, at firstname.lastname@example.org.