Because of the severe shortage of nurses, all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria and qualifications are accepted. Kramer School of Nursing has no waiting list.
To declare nursing as a major, incoming freshmen and transfer students must simply be admitted to Oklahoma City University. Click here to apply for admission. Kramer School of Nursing has no separate application form.
To begin 3000-level nursing courses, you must meet all required eligibility qualifications and must comply fully with the deadline for a complete application (July 15 for fall semester classes, December 10 for spring, and April 15 for the summer). A complete application includes all of the following:
- University application form, completed in its entirety and submitted to the Office of Admissions
- The former Dean of Students recommendation (if required), received by the Office of Admissions
- Official, current transcripts of all college course work attempted sent directly from the institution where the courses were taken to the Transcript Coordinator at the Office of Admissions at Oklahoma City University. Transcripts delivered by the student in a sealed envelope will not be accepted.
- Verification of English language proficiency, received by the Intake Specialist at the Kramer School of Nursing
The only exception is for courses in progress during the term prior to starting nursing courses. Confirmation of the grades earned for those courses can be submitted after the application deadline, but must be received prior to beginning nursing classes.
The only acceptable temporary confirmations are:
- an unofficial transcript,
- a signed original letter on university letterhead from the course’s professor listing the grade for the designated course with the student’s name, or
- a copy of the grade report printed from the university’s system.
To enroll in courses the second semester of the nursing program, an official transcript verifying those grades must be received.
To complete a self-evaluation of your previous coursework, please click here for a worksheet.
To see if a course you have taken elsewhere will transfer to Oklahoma City University, click here for the OCU equivalency matrix. These are courses that have already been approved as transferable to degree programs at OCU.
If you don’t see a course listed on the equivalency matrix, you may click here to submit course information to our online transfer evaluation site. Be sure to specify the Oklahoma City University course or requirement the transfer course might meet.
Typically, these evaluations can take two weeks, and perhaps longer during summer months. If you have difficulty with the transfer course equivalency matrix, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (405) 208-5298.
Email Debbie Taber, Intake Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (405) 208-5924 between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (or leave a message anytime) if you have any further questions or concerns.