Oklahoma City University News
OCU Theatre Hosts Inaugural Hall of Honor Induction Ceremony
The Oklahoma City University School of Theatre will honor some of its alumni during a ceremony opening its Hall of Honor at 6 p.m. April 5 in the Wanda L. Bass School of Music atrium at N.W. 25th Street and Blackwelder Avenue. The ceremony is part of the School of Theatre’s 90th anniversary season.
Tickets to the dinner ceremony are $50 per person or $90 per couple and include admission to that evening’s showing of “The Importance of Being Earnest.”
The inaugural class of Hall of Honor inductees includes:
* Lakshmi Manchu — a recent graduate who landed a role in the NBC television show “Las Vegas” and has had a successful career acting and producing in India;
* Donald Jordan — artistic director of Oklahoma City Repertory Theatre who has also been on major tours and worked on Broadway;
* Jonathan Beck Reed — an internationally recognized actor, director, designer and instructor with more than 35 years of professional experience; currently a regular at Lyric Theatre and a mainstay of theatrical culture in Oklahoma City;
* Harold “Chip” Ulich — design and production specialist who works for a consultation firm in Dallas; and
* Cathy O’Donnell — one of the School of Theatre's first starlets who, after leaving OCU in 1944, moved to Hollywood, signed with Samuel Goldwyn and had a long career acting in titles including “Ben Hur,” “Perry Mason” and “Bonanza.”
Tickets are available by contacting Angela Polk at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (405) 208-5662.