Oklahoma City UniversityWhere You're a Name Not a Number  
Future StudentsCurrent StudentsAcademicsFaculty/StaffAdministrationVisitors/ParentsAlumniAthleticsDiversityHomeContact

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I change my classes after I get my AP scores?
Contact Greg Aldridge at graldridge@okcu.edu OR 405-208-5634

Where do I send my AP scores?
You can email them to Undergraduate Admissions or mail them to:

Oklahoma City University
Undergraduate Admissions
Attn: (counselor name)
2501 North Blackwelder
Oklahoma City, OK 73106-1493

When is the last day I can change my classes?
Click here to view academic calendar.

Who do I contact to reserve a Dorm Room?
Click here to learn more about resident life on campus.

Do I have to live on campus?
All OCU students must live on campus until age 21 or at home with a legal guardian.

When will I receive the chair placement audition music?
Music for instrumentalists will be available online. Click here to view more information.
Choir placement music will be posted online when it becomes available.

When is Dance Leveling?

Tuesday, August 19, 2014, during Orientation week.

What dance classes can I enroll in?
We offer Jazz, Tap and Ballet and you may be enrolled in 1 or more of these classes. The Dance Department will take care of ALL dance class enrollments.

When school starts, where can I store my books and instruments during the day?

You may check out a free locker in the music building during orientation week. Contact the Ensemble Librarian: Brian McQuade at bmcquade@okcu.edu

I have been accepted into the Honors Program. Do I have to enroll in Liberal Arts Seminar the first semester?
You may take this course first OR second semester.

How do I transfer credits from another university?

Your official transcript from that school must be mailed to our Registrar, Charlie Monnot: 2501 N Blackwelder, OKC, OK 73106 for evaluation.

Do I have to take the General Education classes in a particular order?

NO! You may take the general education classes any time. EXCEPTION: English Comp I and II as well as Liberal Arts Seminar are required within your first two semesters at OCU.

Do I need special clothes for Choir, Orchestra or Wind Philharmonic?
Yes! Men must have standard black tuxedoes, shoes, bow tie, and black socks. Women vocalists purchase a pre-selected dress. Performance dresses for choir are available through Stage Accents. The dress is the Bel Aire, catalog # 8611 with long sleeves. The price is $55 + $12 Shipping. If you reference Account # S73108 when ordering, you will not be charged the surcharge. The dresses run very true to size. We suggest you order your regular size of dress. You may access Stage Accents at: http://www.stageaccents.com/ or by calling 800.631.1611 Women instrumentalists must have a long black dress, or skirt and long-sleeved black top, black shoes, and off-black hose.

Still have questions?

Click here to view more FAQs about general admission to Oklahoma City University.

Undergraduates may contact the Coordinator of Student Success, Greg Aldridge at graldridge@okcu.edu. Graduates should contact the Graduate Advisor, Dr. David Steffens at dsteffens@okcu.edu

Contact Us
Apply Online
Schedule Visit

How to Give