Today, Joey Croslin, Chief Human Resources Officer, will share information about OCU's renewed commitment to wellness. Wellness is an important part of our campus culture and the University is dedicated to creating a work environment that makes it easy for us to make healthy lifestyle choices. Our exceptional faculty and staff spend a significant amount of time on campus delivering the curriculum and services that create the unique OCU experience valued by our students. Because you are so dedicated and committed to the success of OCU, we're focusing our dedication and commitment to the health and wellbeing of you and your family. I, along with university leadership, fully embrace and support an environment of wellness and look forward to joining faculty and staff by taking part in wellness program initiatives and opportunities.
Dear Campus Community,
The journey to enhance our campus wellness initiatives began last spring when the OCU Benefits Committee, comprised of faculty, staff members, and university leadership, established a Wellness Taskforce. The purpose of this taskforce is to make recommendations for wellness programing that reflects and benefits our unique culture. It was very important to the Benefits Committee and to the HR team that the process for developing wellness programing was collaborative and representative of the entire campus community. The Wellness Taskforce has taken that directive to heart, developing and recommending programs and partnerships to help all employees make healthy choices.
The mission statement established by the Wellness Task Force is to create a culture that supports and facilitates the desire of each member of the OCU community to make healthy lifestyle choices to enhance personal wellbeing.
Over the next few weeks, we will be rolling out exciting new components of our wellness program in an email communication titled "Wellness Wednesday."
Here's a preview of a few of the Wellness Taskforce initiatives and topics to be addressed in Wellness Wednesday emails.
- Wellness Champions: Department leaders across campus have hand-selected OCU Wellness Champions to represent and inspire all of us in our quest for wellness. Look for profiles of your colleagues soon!
- On Campus Wellness Opportunities: Learn more about free yoga classes, rowing and dragon boat racing, the walking path, and community garden, just to name a few. We will also be adding some new fall challenges and friendly intermural competitions. Be ready for the fun events coming your way in September and beyond.
- Feedback Opportunity: The Wellness Taskforce has partnered with the Oklahoma City County Health Department to conduct one-on-one interviews with faculty and staff regarding their perceptions of wellness to enhance our wellness offerings. Selected employees will receive a communication soon regarding this opportunity to tell us what you think!
- 2014 Open Enrollment: Receive important wellness details about our health care plans.
- Smoking Cessation: Coming soon, a no-cost, on campus smoking cessation program.
- Wellness Kick-Off Event: A special fall event to officially kick-off our campus-wide wellness programs.
- Get Inspired: Guest interviews and feature stories about our colleagues who have made a commitment to wellness.
There are many reasons to focus on wellness, but one of the most important reasons is because we care about the health and wellbeing of our faculty and staff. The Wellness Taskforce, Human Resources team, and University leadership look forward to enriching our campus culture by creating an atmosphere that supports healthy lifestyle choices.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at ext. 5075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Human Resources Officer